Currently, we have the following open positions in the Rinke Lab - Group for Microbial MultiOmics and Biorecycling (MMOB):
- PhD position (B1/1): Dissertation on the topic “Discovery, characterization and optimization of plastic-degrading enzymes”
Preferred skills: Completed master's degree in microbiology, biotechnology, or a related field; excellent molecular biology knowledge, e.g. DNA extraction, PCR, enzyme assay, heterologous expression of enzyme candidates, etc.Please include a written proposal on your dissertation project with your application (max. 5 pages).
Beneficial Skills: Experience using bioinformatics tools to characterize enzymes; experience with qPCR and SIP (stable isotope probing).
Link to submit your application: < https://lfuonline.uibk.ac.at/public/karriereportal.details?asg_id_in=13918 >
Job ad 13918; Deadline 14.12.2023
- PhD position (B1/1): Dissertation on the topic “Exploring novel microbial lineages and their adaptations to survival in extreme environments”
Preferred skills: Completed master's degree in genomic research, computational biology, microbiology or a related field; experience in metagenomic analysis of environmental samples; experience in microbial phylogeny and metabolic reconstruction of uncultured bacteria and archaea.
Beneficial Skills: Knowledge of molecular biology, e.g. DNA extraction, PCR, etc., and experience with microbial enrichment cultures and/or bioreactors are an advantage.
Please include a written proposal on your dissertation project with your application (max. 5 pages).Link to submit your application: < https://lfuonline.uibk.ac.at/public/karriereportal.details?asg_id_in=13916 >
Job ad 13916; Deadline 15.12.2023
- Postdoc, (B 1/3), 100%, 4 year position:
Objective: Strengthen the area of bioinformatics and computational biology in the Microbial MultiOmics and Biorecycling Group.
Preferred skills: Doctorate in bioinformatics and genomics, computational biology, or a related field; experience in analyzing microbial transcriptomics, proteomics and metagenomics data; experience with long-read sequencing, e.g. B. with Oxford Nanopore (ONT) data; ability to work efficiently across multiple projects; relevant teaching experience; experience in project management and execution; international experience;continuing publication activity and experience with project proposals.
Beneficial Skills: experience as a system administrator, knowledge of machine learning methods, experience operating anaerobic bioreactors and performing stable isotope probing (SIP)
Link to submit your application: < https://lfuonline.uibk.ac.at/public/karriereportal.details?asg_id_in=13919 >
Job ad 13919; Deadline 12.12.2023
- Chemical-Technical Assistant VwGr IIIa, 25% (10h per week)
Preferred skills: Training as a TA, MTA or CTA, technical and analytical skills, experience with scientific projects and computer skills are desirable. Experience with Oxford Nanopore Technology (ONT) is an advantage.
Link to submit your application: < https://lfuonline.uibk.ac.at/public/karriereportal.details?asg_id_in=13924 >
- In addition, we always welcome independent postdocs with shared interests, in our lab. Funding opportunities include the ESPRIT Career Advancement for Postdocs from the Austrian Science Fund (FWF), that supports postdoctoral researchers in all disciplines to pursue their postdoctoral training in Austria. Note that applicants must have completed their doctoral degree within the last 5 years. More info can be found here: https://www.fwf.ac.at/en/research-funding/fwf-programmes/esprit-programme
If this is of interest, formulate your research plan/project and use the contact form to start the conversation.